Growth Capital Partners raised and launched a private equity investment vehicle in 2014, with a clear focus on the SMME market in South Africa.
The funders and executive team are passionate about entrepreneurial businesses and the rewards that can be generated from backing the right management teams. The company’s contributors are high net worth individuals with a proven track record in the South African Private Equity arena, and together with the experienced executive team provide businesses with a partnership that is long-term focused, value adding, and structured around maximizing a future exit for all shareholders.
Ron den Besten
B Comm (Hons) CA (SA)
- Ron joined Growth Capital Partners as CEO in 2016 and is a significant investor in the company. He has extensive private equity experience having been Head of Private Equity for Gensec Bank and Managing Partner for Aureos Capital’s Southern African Business.
- He has had vast exposure in deal origination and structuring, negotiation of transactions, strategic development of, and exits from Sub Saharan African companies. He serves and has served as chairman or non-executive director of numerous unlisted and listed companies active in a diverse range of industries.
- Ron serves as an independent non-executive member on the:
- FNB Commercial Credit Committee.
- Greenpoint Specialised Lending Investment Committee.
- Inside Equity Fund Investment Committee.
- Norfund Agribusiness Advisory Board.
- Exeo Capital (Agri-Vie Fund ll) Advisory Committee.
B Comm (Hons) CA (SA)
- Tim joined Growth Capital Partners in early 2014 to establish the Private Equity Investment Vehicle. He has since been intricately involved in the origination, structuring and conclusion of all investments in the portfolio.
- He had previously enjoyed 4 years in the Corporate Finance team at Deloitte where he gained transaction services experience throughout Africa.
- Tim completed his articles with Deloitte in Johannesburg, qualifying as a Chartered Accountant in 2009.
B Comm (Hons), CFA
- Scott joined Growth Capital Partners in 2020 from the NTT Global Mergers and Acquisitions team.
- He spent almost 5 years in the Dimension Data Global mergers and acquisitions team, which rebranded to NTT Global in 2019. Here he gained global and local transaction experience, leading and working on various deals, primarily in the ICT space.
- Prior to this, he was in the Deloitte Corporate Finance team for 4 years where he gained both Transaction Services and M&A experience, across various industries.
- Scott studied his Bachelor of Commerce and HDipTax at Rhodes University, and is a CFA Charterholder.